18 July 2009

Enter the Dragon


I branched out recently to a section of cinema called; world.... cinema.
To begin with I thought I'd start with a film I've heard about for years called Enter the Dragon!! How fucking cool does that sound?.. you want to watch it now right? well hold your horses you daft frigger i'm about to tell you if its any good..
I think the type of film that it is would be what film reviewers like me would call 'Post Modern'.. Some of it's not even in English!! it's in some kind of future language, which is a pretty steep claim by the director Robert Clouse to know what we'll sound like in the future.. hmm. But for arguements sake we'll let that go. Its a strange future style to go for to, everyone is 'Gro0vy' and they have mental hair do's.. or dont's, HA.. oh I went there.. (I probably will actually if it's the future).
The main protagonist is played by a famous actor called Bruce Lee, apparently he's dead now so I don't know how he's made a future film, but it's doing my head in trying to work that out so, we'll let that go for arguements sake. He does some of that Kung Fu malarky we've all been reading about in the papers from the start till the finish till he wins. At one point Bruce Lee finds himself in a room...full of himself (I don't mean in an egotistical way) and there's one person in there with a sharp hand who isn't him so he kills the shit out of him (maybe it was an egotistical thing if he killed him for not looking like himself)
There's a snake in the film, which I liked, a Cobra I think. I'm pretty sure there were topless women, drug use and minor comedic scenes too, but i'm not 100% certain because I couldn't get my mind off that snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment