18 July 2009

Night of the Living Dead


I'm about to put the fear into you now (and no, I haven't named my penis 'fear'...tut), I'm going to tell you about Zombies. Dead humans that come back to this life and try to eat your brains for no good reason.. or thats what you're meant to think watching Night of the Living Dead. But I don't think the whole thing is that black and white, which is a contradiction to itself because there is NO colour to this film.. it's ACTUALLY black and white.
If you think about this film carefully as you watch, you'll notice it's accidental hidden logic. The director George tries to lead you into a prejudiced view against the zombies without actually giving the remotest glimmer of their own plight. *Imagine* if you'd been dead for weeks or years or whatever time frame you prefer, then suddenly you come to life and you can't quite think straight because some of the more important parts of your brain have rotted or been eaten by insects, so the best idea you can manage is to eat some brains in order to gain.. well... more brains!, BUT just to hit my point home, you couldn't actually imagine all that after all because your brain is fucked right up. Now you see where i'm coming from.
The rest of the film is based on the genocide of the helpless second chancers. It sickened me, I don't recommend you watch this on your own if you're impressionable or if you've recently lost someone to death (and I don't mean you lost someone in the street and you couldn't find them for so long it made you die).

1 comment:

  1. I remember the zombie craze during the early 80s. Me and sidney did it for 2 weeks, it was fucking dire!


    BACK AWAY!!

    ReplyDelete