16 July 2009

Lake Placid





I fucking love Lake Placid, how many films can you think of with MASSIVE lizard things? Exactly, none, Which is why I'm reviewing this unique picture. If I remember correctly it's loosely based on a David Attenborough documentary, the one where he lost his left elbow from a crocodile attack (the film being obviously a slight dramatisation).
The director Steve Miner succeeds in really making you uncomfortable, like it could happen to YOU!, you could easily be out walking your favourite cow and BAM!!! you're in half.
If like me you love lakes and trees this movie is for you, because it's got both in spades, not to mention being the first mainstream film to break down the barrier of beastiality, with the clear build up of tension between the leading lady (Bridget fondaaaaa) and the huge throbbing croc.
Unfortunately by the epic, endangered finale you'll realise this film is another greenpeace special, designed and fed to us in order to guilt us into an ever increasing eco lifestyle. For me it had a different outcome, it helped me to realise how powerful I am as a human male, how I can kill anything with more than two legs easily. With that in mind I'm off to walk my cow by the canal, and if I see any cats, dogs or frogs I'm going to express my superiority!

FUCK, Jurassic Park!... oh yeah... Nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment