16 July 2009

The Thing


The Thing is set entirely in the Antarctic (the one with the penguins, not polar bears. Stop worrying about polar bears) and as such has a decidedly claustrophobic atmosphere. Like the time i was at school and a fat girl sat on me for 7 minutes 32 seconds because i called her a shit and i could hardly breathe and her mum got called in.
It follows the story of a group of scientists from the 'United States of America' or 'USA' as they try to defend themselves from an alien that can take the form of any living thing it comes into contact with (probably not flowers or moss though, although i just can't be sure!)
The main theme of the film is distrust in other people, i think so anyway, i was busy doing some sums while it was on. As is always the case when a group of people do not trust each other it invariably leads to people being tied to chairs and then exploding in gouts of blood, mucus and tenticles.
It reminded me a lot of winter really.
I would award it 12/15.5

I touched myself inside my trousers 18 times during this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment